Friday, August 2, 2013

Growing up!

Remember when you were little how you wanted to be and do just like your parents?  I remember, when I was 4 or 5, how bad I wanted to be married.  All I knew was that married people got to sleep together in the same bed & I hated sleeping alone in my bed.  My parents regularly removed me  from their bed... I still remember crawling to the corner edge of my mom's side of the bed, hanging on for dear life and hoping that she wouldn't kick me out of her already-too-small-for-2-grown-adults double bed. 

My little girl loves the idea of wrapping her hair up in a towel like her mama does.  For the longest time her head was too small and the towel too big for it to work.  That didn't stop her from trying though.   A few weeks ago she & her sweet friend tried their darnedest and were so proud of themselves for accomplishing this adult task. Another sign they are growing up too fast!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

well, childhood is full of memories... and i have one that`s almost stalking me :)) i remember since i was little that mom had a very good friend... and sometimes she was bringing us something sweet (now i think it was a sort of fruit jelly but i couldn`t tell for sure) that seemed to me at that time so so so great and special :))
and now, at least once a month when i go shopping i am thinking: today i have to find that thing and go home and eat it all by myself :))
this is so funny :D
so, could you tell me now what was that thing? :P

jlindsey said...

Sweet Ioana, was that friend me? I hope so, I hope I brought you & your sweet sisters regular sweets! Although, if it was...I have no idea what it was...tell me more, maybe I can dig deeper into my poor memory!

Unknown said...

well :)) of course it was you :P
i don`t know what else to tell you, that`s all i remember, you were giving us some coloured jelly (green and red) into some glasses and it was good :)) i believe we have some photos too, but i`m not sure, i`ll check for them though :)
and yes, you brought us the sweetest sweets a child can receive, and we all thank you for that >:D<

jjpershing said...

A little Lindsey