Monday, October 8, 2007

Sweaty. . .


A funny. . . Although my boy is 99.9% potty trained there have been a few "accidents" at night. When these "accidents" happen he doesn't want to get out of the bed on his own, he usually calls for mama, which is our clue that he's had an "accident." Well, the other day Amy-Lee had an "accident" in the night and woke up soaking wet! His sweet daddy went in to help him up and this is the conversation that ensued. . .


Dad: It's alright, you just had an "accident."

Son: I DIDN'T HAVE AN ACCIDENT!

Dad: It's ok baby, accidents happen to everyone, we'll just go & clean you up.. .

Son: I DIDN'T HAVE AN ACCIDENT! I'm just sweaty. . .

Dad: Amy-Lee. . . it's ok to have an accident every now & then . . .

Son: Dad, I told you, I'm just sweaty, I've been laying here in bed for a long time & now I'm all sweaty. . .


Needless to say we have a new code word around here. . . sweaty. . .actually I need to go & sweat right now. . .


p.s. Yes, I know my son will hate me when he's older and this blog finds it's way back into his adult life. . .


No comments: