Monday, September 15, 2008

That boy...


Today I tried to implement the “if you’re good every day until Friday” reward system with my boy. The plan was this… we keep a calendar every day this week and if at the end of the day he is good he gets a check for the day and if not he gets an X. If, by Friday, he has sufficient amounts of checks he will receive a trip to Walgreens to purchase a squirter (His idea not mine).
Fast forward to right after dinner. I’ve just given him his last warning of the X on today's calendar and, God and my husband as my witness, this is what he said…

He looks at me dead on, dead serious…

“Mom, hold up – before you make that decision why don’t you give me a little more time & see how I act. If at the end of this time you still think I deserve an x – (shrugs shoulders) then you’ll give me one…”

As you can imagine the husband & I could barely keep it together…he’s four freakin’ years old! We’re screwed – royally!

3 comments:

candice said...

:) He is too smart for his own good!! I love that boy.

Candice

fiona said...

You are screwed, but then you are going to be sitting pretty because is going to be able to support you!

Kerri said...

TROUBLE! You are in SO much trouble!