Monday, September 22, 2008

Lou's birthday...

Today is my baby's 3rd birthday & I've decided to do an all day post - letting you in on the birthday festivities here at our house. We have a jam-packed birthday planned...let's get started!

7:50am - we all got up so that we could open Lou's birthday presents from us & I think she really likes it! It's an awesome doll house, she's playing with it right now! (pictures to follow). We're about to eat some oakeymeal (oatmeal) and then we're off to Montessori where we'll have another party.
2:00pm - well, we're home from school & have finished lunch. I wanted to share this picture of Lou at her Montessori birthday celebration. One of their traditions is to hold the earth, walk around a candle, "the sun", the number of years you are...which is the number of times the earth has circled the sun since you were born ! We also shared popcorn with our friends and sang super cute songs!

For lunch we had our favorite...cheese dip! Now everyone is in the yard cleaning up for tonight's party! I'm slaving away in the kitchen working on Lou's birthday treats...watch for the next update!

3:23pm - I've just finished my masterpiece...these cute little puppy pops! I wish I could take credit for them, but I can't. But, I'm also not showing you the link where I found them because you would then compare & judge... so just relish in their cuteness...


I have a zillion other things to be doing, but I promised I'd keep y'all updated.



4:30 as if I have time for another distraction this is how Lou presents herself to me...covered in lotion - how many times will it take before I realize that when they're quiet they're doing something naughty!

Gotta run, the guests will be here soon - check back later for more party news!

9:47pm - well the party was a success! I think everyone had fun & the puppy pops were a hit, or at least my friends were kind! Thanks to everyone that helped make Lou's 3rd birthday so special! She truly had a wonderful day!

Like herdin' cats...

6 comments:

JM said...

I hope her birthday is filled with fun and memories!

Jamie said...

OH how I wish I could be there to celebrate with Leighton. Hope y'all had fun tonight.

Kerri said...

What a great party! Happy Birthday Lou!

fiona said...

it was a great party as always!..how could it not be with such wonderful hosts!...oh, and we were not being kind, the puppy pops were YUMMY!!!

Danielle said...

how precious! i wish i had been there to be at the party, give lou a big hug and eat some of those yummy puppy pops! how awesome are you! good work... and good ideas for future parents of america! :) (and by future i mean in the way long future... but still) fabulous creation!

Katherine said...

You did great sis (like always). Your puppy pops were super cute. Can't wait to see yall this weekend.
Love ya'll