Thursday, September 20, 2007

Urchins



I found these two huddling under some tarp we had up for our dogs. . . thinking of keeping them. . . at least until we find a good home for them. . . I think the little girl is turning two tomorrow. . .


*Speaking of little girl. . . here's a funny! Today we went to the dollar store to pick up last minute goodies for the big par-tay. While we were in line to purchase our goodies this sweet, older woman was standing behind us talking to Lou, telling her how pretty she was. After awhile she turned to Amy-Lee and said to him "aren't you pretty too. . . two pretty girls!" I just kinda looked at him but wasn't going to correct her when all of the sudden as loudly, proudly & masculine as he could he said "I'm not a girl." Of course the woman was embarrassed and tried to cover up by saying something to him about "his pretty curls and how handsome he was." And truthfully, it wasn't that big of a deal, except for the fact that I was so proud of him for standing up & speaking out! I told you it's that damn hair!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I was the same way when I was little with curly blond hair but then my mother got my haircut big boy and I never had to be called a little girl anymore. From the young man still trying to get over people calling me a little girl from when I was young