Thursday, September 6, 2012

Living with Kids...Lingenfelter Style...

There is this blog I regularly look at with a weekly feature called "Living with Kids" that highlights a family and their home.  As I looked through the most recent post and then looked back up at my living room I was compelled to share the truth...what Living with Kids looks like in the Lingenfelter home.



 Granted, I'm pretty sure that the lady of the house featured spent hours cleaning, arranging and then perfectly lighting her house.  But let's be honest here...do I really need posts like these to make me feel any more uncomfortable with my housekeeping skills?  It isn't like I don't try - trust me, regardless of what my husband may think, I do try, all the freakin' time.  But then my kids decide to make tents and hideouts in the middle of my living room and insist on leaving them there for the next few days.  Knowing that they spent hours making this space and (here's the kicker) how quietly and nicely they played together, I don't have the heart to take them down.  And honestly, letting them build tent city gives me a moment or two of peace & quiet and a break from refereeing the two of them.  

Thanks Design Mom for trying to inspire me...but let's be real here!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Love it! Who wants to grow up in a house that DOESN'T look like this! All I see is fun, fun, fun!!! It is also nice to "see" that I am not alone!!!