Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My cups!



Some days these kids drive me CRAZY!! Then there are the days where I just can't get enough of them! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Everyday we see glimpses of this, my son's vocabulary growing by leaps and bounds, my girls generosity and kindness to others.

A brand, spankin' new grandmother recently passed this wise advice on to me and I can't help but think of it often...this is how I remember her words...she said "children are cups that parents are responsible for filling and then
when the children are around the age of 12 the parents have to drink from those cups." Maybe it's another way of saying "we sow what we reap" but, for some reason it really struck a nerve and I now have this sense of honor that I must fill their cups with the best. The best foods, the best education, the best discipline, the best toys and the best love. The best here doesn't mean the "latest & greatest" but what is wholesome and good for them and our family.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

What a great way to think of it! I agree - fill it with the best!